The Word From Arizona's Fifth District

Monday, October 16, 2006

The DCCC Isn't Going Anywhere

There has been a flurry of reports in the right-wing blogosphere that the DCCC is pulling out of CD-5. As Tedski reports, nothing can be further from the truth:

"He was very excited about Ellen Simon, and I said, well, good, since the D-Trip seems to have abandoned Harry Mitchell.

'What? What are you talking about?'

I told him that I had read on some conservative blogs about the DCCC pulling out of Mitchell's race. He said that no such thing has happened, that DCCC chair Rahm Emanuel visited the district just this week.

Apparently, this rumor started when the existing ad buy had to be rescheduled to start earlier. This meant that some later ads were cancelled. The D-Trip is still planning on unloading $1.7 million on this race, and their polling still shows Mitchell even or sligtly ahead of J. D. Hayworth."

(emphasis mine)

That's not a small chunk of change. I'd love to see the DCCC's polling on the race. Perhaps the unfounded mystery poll (with Harry down by four) was a Harry internal. We know the poll with Harry up was initiated by the DCCC.

Also, Craig at Random Musings has the details on this past quarter's fundraising totals. Harry outraised J.D. in total individual donations and the number of individual donors. This is a grassroots campaign, no doubt about it. I'll do some research into the PAC's that donated to J.D., giving him the $161K advantage over Harry in the quarter. It seems obvious that only corporate and radical interests want J.D. in Congress. The people want Harry Mitchell.

Donate. Volunteer. Spread the word. AND VOTE!!

Personal Note: I just moved into a new place in Tempe. I don't have internet access yet, but hopefully that will change soon, so bear with me if The Word seems like a ghost-town for the next week or so. I'll do my best to blog from school and sneak in a few minutes at work (like I'm doing now ;) ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home