The Word From Arizona's Fifth District

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

J.D. Concedes

In a statement posted on his website today, J.D. concedes the race to Harry Mitchell.

"While there are still tens of thousands of votes left to count, it has become apparent that it is unlikely we'll get enough of these votes to win the election. We were confident we would close the gap as the early ballots were counted, and we have, but at this point it doesn't appear to be enough. Of course, if the result of the count changes, obviously I will abide by the will of the people.

Therefore let me congratulate Harry for his likely victory in what was a tough campaign and wish him the best of luck. I would also like to thank my supporters and the thousands of volunteers who devoted their time to my campaigns over the years. I would be remiss if I did not single out the incredible efforts of so many volunteers in this most recent campaign.

I also want to thank my hard-working staff both here in Washington and in the district those who served in an official capacity and those who worked on the campaign.

One group the group closest to me never got time off during my 12 years in public office my family. To my wife, Mary and our three children I say: Thanks for standing by me. Leaving the House isn't so bad, since I get to come home.

But most of all, I would like to thank the people of Arizona I represented for over a decade. Thank you for the honor of serving in the Congress of the United States."

Ladies and gentlemen of District Five...

Your New Congressman!

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tony GOPrano said...

Tim,
It will be very interesting to see just which version of the SS Harry Mitchell shows up? (the SS stands for 'Sign Stealer) If he follows the Pelosi-Reid-Kennedy Dem Liberal agenda, he will be a one-termer - remember Sam Coppersmith?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home