The Word From Arizona's Fifth District

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Where Are The Signs?

Driving around this time of year, we are bombarded by signs and ads from candidates. Driving west on Thomas after getting off of the 101 in Scottsdale, I counted 6 signs in all before reaching Hayden. David Schapira (running for a seat in the state House for District 17) had signs on Pima and Granite Reef. Rhett Wilson had one sign along with two Laura Knaperek signs on the north side of Thomas after Granite Reef (which is not District 17, Scottsdale north of Thomas is District 8). Finally, Len Munsil has his sign up by the Circle K on Thomas and Hayden. He has signs all over the place (I see them in Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, and Tempe).

Now, I drive around quite a bit. I commute to Chandler for work and most of my friends live in central Scottsdale, Tempe, or west Chandler. And I have only one question:

Where the hell are the Harry Mitchell signs? Granted, I haven't seen any J.D. signs up, but come on. Harry needs to up his name recognition in Scottsdale, he can't take Hayworth by winning most of Tempe.

Has anyone seen Harry Mitchell signs (other than the few on Mill Ave.)?

4 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Craig said...

Haven't seen any Mitchell, Hayworth, Kyl, or Napolitano signs.

Also haven't seen any signs from the Rep contenders in D17 (except Laura Knaperek, who has enough out for all of them, lol) or from Dem Meg Burton-Cahill.

I fully expect to see an explosion of signage (and other ads) within the next few weeks.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

I've seen Ableser signs in south Scottsdale, too. I have yet to visit the new HQ in downtown Tempe or Harry Mitchell's HQ. I'll see if I can make a visit next week, blog some more about what's happening down there.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Still haven't seen signs from most of them (other than the previously noted ones), though I have started seeing more for Angie Crouse (D).

The interesting part is that NONE of the Repub candidates for D17 has a website up yet (except for Laura Knaperek's AZ legislator's bio page).

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

I have seen a few Abseler signs knocked over. Wind or vandals? :?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home