The Word From Arizona's Fifth District

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's Official!

Harry Mitchell will run for Congress against J.D. Hayworth. According to the Arizona Republic, Mitchell will make a formal announcement in April.

This changes the dynamics of this race tremendously. Mitchell will be able to carry a huge percentage of Tempe and his name recognition extends into Scottsdale, Chandler, and Mesa. He'll be able to draw more donations and it looks like the DCCC is ready to jump on board.

I got a call from Larry King this morning. He is staying in the race. I think that this is good. This primary won't be bitter or negative. It might just define many of the issues in the race. It'll definitely take away a lot of Hayworth's steam concerning immigration. Larry released a press report this morning and it was posted on Kos.

I'm going on vacation and I'll be back Friday, so enjoy your Spring Break if you have one or have a great rest of the week!

4 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

This is the second time the DCCC has helped recruit a candidate against Larry. Columbus was a DLC doll back in 2002 when Larry was trying to get the nomination. I think Larry is fed up with it all. Plus, he has devoted so much time and energy so far. It would be dumb just to drop out. I think he recognizes that this primary is a great opportunity.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

I have talked to Larry several times about helping the campaign. I have no affliation but I actually hoping to grab an internship. I need to quit my job and start something new or I'll go crazy.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

For some of the older blogs a lot of stuff was deleted because of a glitch with blogspot. It happens now and then. Thanks.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger TimWilsonAZ said...

Yeah, I'm still here. I'll be updating in a few minutes. I've been bogged down with a lot of homework and other stuff. Sorry to keep everyone hanging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home