The Word From Arizona's Fifth District

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hello and Welcome!

The 2006 Congressional races are only ten short months away and it's time to put Democratic Chairman Howard Dean's "50-state strategy" to the test. Every district, every state, every seat with a Republican incumbent must be challenged to ensure a strong state and national party. I have dedicated this blog to the news and happenings of Arizona's Fifth Congressional District and the race between Republican J.D. Hayworth and the only Democratic challenger as of now, Larry King of Scottsdale.

I hope that this blog is stumbled upon by many and I hope even more that some are from this district. It will take a lot of hard work and a tremendous amount of support and resources to unseat J.D. Hayworth, but I think it can be done. I refuse to believe that this district must be written off as too red. No doubt, J.D. Hayworth has a large warchest and is a strong incumbent. However, this district is not as red as the national and state Democratic Party have made it out to be.

It will take a real grassroots movement to strengthen the Democratic Party here in AZ-05. I think it can be done and I think we can offer J.D. Hayworth more than just token opposition. So, I start this blog off with an open thread to hear your thoughts on the race and the district.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home